Learn to thrive in complexity and change ... as surfers thrive in the waves in this introductory Foundational Quest.
In this Quest, you will be exploring:
- What complexity is, how to recognise and make sense of it, and why becoming Complexity Fit is so important.
- The four complexity fitness meta-skills (beCOOL):
- Courage – to try and fail; to be in ambiguity; to explore.
- Openness – to embrace diversity, to learn and unlearn.
- Observing – situational and inner awareness.
- Lightness – play, humour, beauty, and holding our egos lightly.
This is a blended learning offering featuring entirely self-paced online content, supported by optional small reflection groups and three monthly plenary gatherings hosted by Casper and Sonja. You also have the option to extend your access to these plenaries by joining our monthly SUPscription.
Do you want to get better at navigating the increasingly complex and uncertain world, but you’re not sure where to find appropriate content and tools? Our clients were asking us to help them deal with feeling overwhelmed, making decisions in uncertainty, and liberating the creativity they needed to capitalise on emerging opportunities. This is what prompted us to create our Complexity Fitness Quests.
We have drawn on decades of experience in applied complexity and mindfulness to curate the best content in a series of online self-paced journeys that you can engage with in your own time.
With the beCOOL Foundations Quest you'll learn valuable strategies for dealing with complexity and uncertainty in your personal and professional life. You'll discover how to make sense of complex problems, find practical ways to move forward with greater clarity, and navigate the unknown with greater confidence and less stress. You'll also learn how to improve your capacity to be in uncertainty, build resilience to stress and change, and remain relevant in a fast-changing world.
By starting to build your complexity fitness, you'll also:
- Improve your decision-making skills and problem-solving abilities
- Increase your creativity and innovation
- Enhance your ability to think strategically and adapt to change
- Foster your leadership and teamwork capabilities
- Boost your productivity and overall well-being
Our Offerings are:
- Solidly GROUNDED IN THEORY, but not theoretical.
- CROSS-DISCIPLINARY content focused on what it means to be human in complexity.
- ACCESSIBLE AND PRACTICAL.
- Designed in a way that STIMULATES CURIOSITY and is RESTORATIVE TO THE SENSES.
- NON-LINEAR journeys that are congruent with the non-linearity of complexity.